Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chasing the Car Chase


Jambing on "Car Chase" in the studio to get the big installation done for ArtPrize and sudenly I'm derailed. A material supplier that I depend on for polymer concrete has gone out of business closing down production on my best formula. (Stress...Stresss) I spent a week on the net and phone and a trip to Chicago to find solutions. New trials, samples purchased, lots of blocks in a row with different materials. Man I 'm now a stucko lab. Tests finally yielded a suitable replacement but sheesh, what tension! Now I 'm back to carving and closing in on the forms.


Thanks a lot you bankers who caused our economic state, you just caused me a weeks work.
But the art continues. How do you stone a Hudson? Very carefully, and with polymer modified concrete! Skye Hopper, my studio assistant comes in occassionally to help. More next week as we get ready to stone all the waves.
All the best.

Tj

No comments: