Friday, October 2, 2009

Car Chase ends in....




Well, It was really unbelievable that I was in the running for thousands in prize money. We went to Cathedral square for the announcement of the top ten. A channel 8 news guy did a short interview with me , we were early to check out the site and they were just setting up. The big money guy stepped to the pedestal and was very brief. No hoopla just the list of ten. “And now, in alphabetical order,--Bang it was over right then for me, before he said a word. The first name posted started with D. My balloon air squealed away ending in the traditional flutter and the rest of the program was irrelevant. We stood up as soon as the names were done and walked off.
Now comes the long week with no prospects other than having to dismantle this monstrous work.

Many condolences came in and “Top 25 from 1262 is still pretty good.” but the fun is gone now. I have to started figuring my way out of the economic hole I’ve dug. And how to capitalize on what I have done. Most of the ten I agree with so at least the public is not so bad at judging art in Grand Rapids.
Great fun while it lasted.
Tj

No comments: